Benefits of Cranberries
Cranberry being a versatile fruit has far-reaching health benefits. Its medicinal properties have been recognized since centuries. Health Benefits of Cranberries food, due to their high nutrient and antioxidant content. They are referred to as a ‘superfood.’ Half cup cranberries contain only 25 calories. Cranberries offer a range of possible health benefits.
Here are some facts about cranberries that can enhance your health:
1) Urinary tract infections– cranberry is perhaps best known for its role in preventing urinary tract infections (UTIs), especially for those with recurrent infections. The high level of antioxidant in cranberries helps to stop certain bacteria from occurring in the urinary tract. In this way, cranberries help prevent infection…
2) Cranberries may reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD). Cranberries prevent high platelet build-up and reduce blood pressure, through anti-inflammatory properties.
3) Cranberries may also benefit oral health. They do this by preventing bacteria build up on the teeth. Cranberries may also be beneficial in preventing gum disease and scurvy.
4) Vitamin C is a powerful, natural antioxidant. Vitamin C block some of the damage caused by free radicals boosts the immune system, and it aids in producing collagen which helps wound healing.
5) High fiber intakes are associated with significantly lower risks for developing a range of health conditions, including coronary heart disease, stroke, hypertension, diabetes, obesity, and certain gastrointestinal diseases.
6) Cranberry juice has an emulsifying effect on the fats deposited in the body which, in turn, help in losing weight.
7) Vitamin E is a fat-soluble antioxidant that is involved in immune function. It helps to reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, cataracts, Alzheimer’s, and arthritis.
8) Cranberry juice also has anti-aging properties and consuming it on a daily basis can prevent the occurrence of wrinkles on the skin, thus making your face and skin look fresh and youthful. The acidic nature of cranberry juice also helps people with oily skin, therefore acting as a perfect toner
9) Cranberry juice is considered to be one of the best fruit juices for long and lustrous hair.
Fresh cranberries are a winter fruit. They can be refrigerated for at least 2 months, and they can be frozen for later use. Fresh Cranberries are firm to touch.
As cranberries are not easily available in India, you can buy dried or dehydrated cranberries, but some of them may contain added sugars. Avoid taking those with added sugar
Cranberry juice is often mixed with a lot of other fruits and added sweeteners. Look for a juice with cranberries as their first ingredient.
Indian Earth has recently launched their dehydrated cranberries without any added preservatives and sugar. These are rich in many nutrients, just as the real fruit is. A tasty yet super healthy snack which anyone can consume and extract the benefits of Cranberries.
Our Next Blog – Different Ways To Eat Cornflakes In Your Meal