- ½ cup melon seeds
- 1 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- ¼ cup khoya
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
Cook Time: 1 hour
- Roast the seeds in a frying pan till they start to splutter and take them out when slightly brown.
- Remove from the pan & set aside to cool. Now Place a heavy based pan on the stove.
- Put in the ghee & the khoya and sauté till it appears to be of uniform consistency and looks slightly fried.
- Turn off the stove, add the melon seeds and leave to cool.
- In another pan, warm the sugar & water together over low heat, stir a few times till the sugar dissolves.
- Make sure not to boil it before the sugar dissolves.
- Once the sugar dissolves, let the syrup boil over high temperature till it thickens, Cook till a little blob dropped in the cold water stays a blob soft ball consistency.
- Now, Mix that immediately with the cooled khoya mixture, stirring vigorously to blend well.
- As you mix it in, it will start to set. So, it is important to blend it in as fast as you can.
- Transfer onto the greased plate, pat to make it level, & leave to cool and set.
- Cut into pieces of the desired size using a knife. Arrange in a serving dish & serve.
- It can be stored in an airtight container for about 8-10 days or more.
Our Next Blog- Recipe Of Muskmelon Seeds Namkeen